Thursday, October 4, 2012

Just a Thursday Morning - Mac 'n Eggs

Just a Thursday Morning - Mac 'n Eggs


Expectations

I think that I kind of lost sight of the point of this blog. I started feeling like I needed to cook the most awesome, epic meals and take really amazing photos and document every little step in detail. But, as nice as that would be, that's just not how I work. So, from here on out, I'm going to let myself just post simple things. Here's an example.

McMuffin or Home?

I was on the verge of going through McDonald's and getting a McMuffin this morning, but decided to make the fiscally and creatively responsible choice to just come home and cook some eggs here. (Also, my orange juice is better and cheaper.) So I opened the fridge to see what I could throw in the eggs.

Some options were: onion, tomato, cheese, turkey, ham, yogurt, lettuce, carrots, green beens, and... leftover macaroni & cheese? I mean, I figured that I would probably put cheese in there anyway, and the noodle part is just a bread-like component, which goes well with eggs-- casseroles, sandwiches, tacos.

So I started with mac 'n cheese, then decided to go with green beens and ham and a little extra cheese-- relatively simple. 

So here are the pics.


Eggs. Yum.


Sandwich ham, chopped.

 Mac 'n cheese, leftover and not very exciting.

Beans in butter.

 Beans and ham in butter.

 And now with mac.

 Adding eggs, beaten with a little milk.

Tossed and scrambled.

To melt the cheese on top, I just use the plate to cover to get some convective heat. 

And the final result. It was really delish. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment